Carbon Offset

Global Warming and What You Can Do About It

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Going Carbon Zero For A Year

After doing some research on carbon offsets and writing about them, I decided to go carbon zero for a year. I used carbonfund.org to purchase the carbon offset. I estimated how much I drive, how much air travel I do, and how much energy I use at home. Carbonfund.org has a nifty calculator on their web site to help you determine how many carbon offsets to buy. As I'm an apartment dweller, my home energy consumption is lower than that of most people who live in a house.

Carbonfund.org is a non profit 503c organization, so my donation is tax deductible in the US. However, carbonfund.org accepts donations from around the world. Also, the company I work for matches donations to charities, so in effect I doubled my carbon offsets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home